Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finally!

I grew up having a "real" Christmas Tree. I just love the smell, and I love knowing that each year the tree will be a little different, and special in it's own way :O) Well, finding time to go get our first real Christmas tree has been quite the challenge. Owning a "faux", pre-lit Christmas tree, pulling it out of the garage, and having it up the day after thankgiving is an idea I am warming up to! (For future years of course) Anyways, this Saturday we finally found the time! We went with our good friends Katie and Tom to "Thornton's U-Cut" out near Prairie.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous. I could not have asked for a better day!
At first we were being very picky. We kept finding trees we liked but we'd say "Let's keep looking, we'll come back.." Well after about 10 mintues of lugging my 19 pound baby and my huge purse around... I was fine with chopping ANY tree down. Isn't his face so sweet though?
Katie & Tom with their tree!
Logan cutting down our tree!

Katie & I with our trees. By the way, I'm faking that smile. My back hurt SOO Bad! He's a little too big for that front pack!
Finding the perfect tree was not as easy as I thought it would be. It was fun to spend time outdoors with eachother and our good friends.

10 comments:

Hill Family said...

So did you like"Thortens Tree Farm" you pictures look like so much fun.....now Im not so sure about my "FAKE" tree. Next year I think I might be headed for "Thortens"!!!A fake tree just does'nt smell the same.

Rebecca said...

Love the tree! it looks so great all lit up. Fun outing!

Natalie said...

Gosh I hate when I can't click on your pictures to enlarge them!!! How fun... We just have the 3' Walmart tree that we got when we were in Rexburg... I think next year is the year for a real one...! Can't wait. Your's looks awesome.

The Original TomKat said...

We had so much fun! Glad we could do it together! BTW...I'm totally stealing these pictures for my own blog...I really need to be better at bringing my camera with me! You still on for running on Saturday??!?

Brannigan said...

Real trees are the best- good decision on getting one!! Baylor is so cute!

Rene said...

Hi Ashley! Bayor is getting so big! He's adorable. It looks like it's time to graduate to a baby backpack.
I love a REAL tree. The smell makes the whole house smell like Christmas!

Thompson Tales said...

hey Ashley....i want you to take pictures of your whole house so i can see it...stacey said that it is so cute, you need to do a little tour of pictures!!! i love the tree...

Erin Dooley said...

Love all the pictures. Cali grew out of the front pack way before I wanted her to also. I remember the back killing days! You are such a cute family! We are also fans of the real tree:)

Hill Family said...

I need to come and see your Christmas tree. Is Baylor into touching everything? It looks like you girls enjoyed "Twilight" See ya soon. loveya lori

Nanette Hirschi said...

There is nothing like the look, smell, and memories of picking out a real tree!! Good job...it is beautiful...and true that each year it is unique...keep up that tradition as long as possible. When you decide to do the artificial tree...get a Christmas tree Salt City Candle:) Love Baylor and the "Hat"!